Thanks for stopping in to visit my website! I hope your time here gives you a chance to get to know me better. When I sit down at my laptop to write a novel, I pray for you, and I pray God will use the words He gives me to touch your hearts. Because of those special moments in prayer, I think of you as friends. If you lived next door, we'd get together and have a cup of coffee, or a cup of tea, my favorite.
Since we probably don't live on the same street or even in the same state, our friendship has to happen here, on my website. In this section, you have access to information on my background, both personal and professional, as well as details on how my husband, Don, and I adopted three boys from Haiti. Being that I'm a mother of six kids, I thought it would be good to include tips we've found helpful in parenting and funny anecdotes that come up. My journal is also here, where you'll see whether the highlight of my week was a burned casserole or a completed manuscript.
Again, thanks for taking the time to visit. If we get the chance to meet at one of my events, we'll already feel like friends!
A Quick Bio
Karen Kingsbury is America’s favorite inspirational novelist. There are nearly 25 million copies of her award-winning books in print, including several million copies sold in the past year. Karen’s most recent of her Life-Changing Fiction TM titles have hit No. 1 national lists. Karen is also a public speaker, reaching more than 100,000 women annually through various national events. Karen lives and works in Nashville, Tenn., with her husband, Don, and their five sons, three of whom were adopted from Haiti. Also living nearby is their only daughter, Kelsey, an actress in inspirational films and married to Christian recording artist Kyle Kupecky.
In addition to her writing success, Karen can now be heard telling stories between the songs weekdays from 2-7pm (CST) on The Karen Kingsbury Show (Salem Radio) which launched early 2014, in 39 markets, broadcasting from "The Fish" flagship station in Nashville, Tenn. The show can be heard globally at www.TodaysChristianMusic.com
For more information visit www.KarenKingsbury.com Karen is also on Facebook and Twitter, where she regularly interacts with nearly half a million reader friends.
(or read Karen's full biography)
- USA Today and #1 New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury is America’s #1 inspirational novelist. There are nearly 25 million copies of her award-winning books in print, including several million copies sold in the past year. Karen has written more than 60 novels, fifteen of which have hit #1 on national lists.
- Karen has a true love for her readers, and she has nearly 280,000 friends on Facebook along with more than 32,000 followers on Twitter. The popular social networking sites have allowed Karen daily interaction with her reader friends.
- Karen is best known for her Life-Changing Fiction™ and for creating unforgettable characters. When speaking before women's groups - some with more than 10,000 in attendance - Karen makes audiences laugh and cry with her compelling story-telling. She likes to tell attendees they have, "One chance to write the story of their lives," and her talk focuses on reminding women to live every day loving well, laughing often, and finding true life in Jesus Christ. Karen routinely speaks before more than 100,000 women each year.
- Karen's latest novel, Fifteen Minutes, released on October 29, 2013 and stayed on the top of national lists for several weeks.
- Karen's novel, The Chance, released on March 5, 2013 and stayed at the top of the New York Times Bestsellers list for several weeks.
- Karen's novel, The Bridge, released on October 23, 2012 and was said to be "The most anticipated novel of the fall!"
- Karen's novel, Coming Home, released in June, 2012 and landed #5 on the New York Times Bestseller's list.
- Karen's novel, Loving, released on March 27, 2012 and landed in the #1 spot on the New York Times Bestsellers List the first week it released.
- Longing, released on November 22, 2011 and landed in the #2 spot on the New York Times Bestsellers List the first week it released.
- Learning, released on June 21, 2011 and landed #4 on the New York Times Bestseller List the first week it released.
- Leaving released on March 22, 2011. Leaving landed #2 on the New York Time's Bestseller List the first week it released.
- Unlocked, released October 12, 2010 and landed #3 on the New York Times Bestsellers List!
- Above the Line, Take Four released June 23, 2010. This was the final installment in theAbove the Line Series. Take Four rose to the # 5 spot on the New York Times Bestseller's List just one week after it was released.
- Above the Line, Take Three released March 23, 2010. Take Three is the third book in the Above the Line Series.
- Shades of Blue, Karen's latest stand alone title, hit stores in October 2009. Karen's newest series, Above the Line Series, began with Take One which released in March 2009. The second book in this series, Take Two, released in June 2009.
- Karen's recent title, This Side of Heaven, landed in the #5 spot on the CBD Bestselling Fiction List. Also, Karen's novel, Sunset, landed #2 on the New York Times Best Seller's List. Karen has also written many best selling series including The Redemption Series and the Firstborn Series. Her fiction has made her one of the country’s favorite storytellers. Several of Karen's novels are being considered for major motion picture movies. Her emotionally gripping titles include the 9/11 Series, Even Now, Ever After, and Between Sundays.
- Karen is also a public speaker, reaching more than 100,000 women annually through various national events. Karen and her husband, Don, live in Nashville, Tennessee with their five sons, three of whom are adopted from Haiti. Their daughter Kelsey is married to Christian artist Kyle Kupecky.